Staging is different than decorating or design. Decorating or design is personalizing and staging focused on de-personalizing and preparing a house for the unknown buyer. That is why it is key that you hire someone with training specifically on how to prepare a house for sale.
Staging is an INVESTMENT in getting a house sold and the investment in staging is invariably less than a price reduction. We always tailor our proposal to your budget, time frame, and sales goals. We like to ask our clients: “Can you afford not to stage?” When compared with the other costs associated with the sale or purchase of a home, staging is a valuable and reasonable investment.
Depending on the project size, we usually require a minimum of 2 business days to complete the staging process.
We will contact you to schedule a pick up of our furnishings and accessories. Should you need to extend the contact, we will establish a month-to month rental for the continued use of our furnishings and accessories.
Depending on your storage capacity, you may have to ask family or friends to hold your precious items or rent a storage space.
- On the day that we stage or redesign, we need the property to be completely vacant so that only our team is on the premise. This is to make the staging/redesign process as quick as possible. Use this day to meet up with family and friends, hit the park or beach, spend a day at the salon…anything away from the house! We will call you when we’re done.
- The staging process is different from interior design in that we are neutralizing the design so that it is attractive to the greatest number of buyers. We are happy to incorporate your style ideas, but ultimately, we use our staging expertise to determine the best furniture layout, color selection, and design style.
- Payment must be received at the time of service.
Staging Policies & Information
The proposal and agreement/credit card authorization form needs to be completed, signed, and returned in order to proceed with scheduling.
There is a 50% deposit of the initial month amount to reserve time on our calendar.
The average time to install staging is two days. Backdrop Staging personnel will require full access to the home during the installation without other cleaning or maintenance professionals present.
After installation, there is a minimum of a one week notice required to remove staging items. Less than a week’s notice will incur a $150 expedited pick up fee.
The following months will be billed every 30 days, on the same day of the month that the staging was completed. A late fee of 5% per week will be charged after a five day grace period.
After the scheduled staging dates, a staging re-design of any areas or an exchange of staging items will incur an hourly fee.
Rescheduling a staging within 48 hours of a scheduled staging will incur a $350 fee.
A scheduled staging that is cancelled:
• 3-7 days prior will incur a $350 fee
• within 48 hours will incur the loss of the deposit in full